TPC members benefit from networking with like minded folks. The club meets to conduct club business and hear a lecture on a salient topic of interest to members and guests.
The monthly meetings are attended by between 30 and 50 people, comprised about equally of members and non-members. Generally the audience is about 95% male and 80% non-Japanese, i.e. a wide spectrum of different nationalities. They range from computer-literate pc users to subject area experts; and people involved in the business or technology side of IT.
Most members work in the computer industry or in related fields, and their level of technical expertise is quite high. In fact, the TPC is considered to be among the most technical of the computing clubs in Tokyo. The meeting and presentation is conducted in English.
Interested in becoming a member? Contact any of the club's officers to get an application.
Membership dues/Meeting attendance fees are as follows:
- Individual Member: Yearly dues at ¥8,000 or ¥5,000 depending upon Option selected, payable at the time of joining:
- Option One is ¥8,000 annually. Member is entitled to free attendance to monthly meetings and a 30% discount on workshop and other special events. Member also gets 50% off the guest price for the first guest brought to a monthly
meeting (you can bring more than one guest, but the others pay the full price).
- Option Two is ¥5,000 annually. The member pays half price for
the monthly meetings, no discount for guests and only 10% off workshop
or other special event costs.
- Corporate Member (Sponsor): ¥25,000 for the membership. Corporate members get their logo on our web site and can post announcements on the web site, get an acknowledgement in our TPC-List mailing list meeting announcements and at meetings, and a corporate member may send up to three
employees and a guest to meetings for free. Current Corporate Members. Former corporate members.
- Guest: Non-members attending any meeting may be charged a fee of ¥1,000 to attend. One meeting fee may be credited towards a full membership.